It goes without saying that the purchase of a home – whether it is your first or your tenth – is a big deal! Your Slate Properties’ Buyer’s Agent understands how important this process is and will be an invaluable resource. From the initial consultation meeting through a successful settlement, your Slate Buyer’s Agent is here to guide you through the process – each step of the way.
Although each buyer has different circumstances, there are usually 10 Key Steps that happen during a typical new home purchase:
1. New Buyer Orientation Meeting
2. Financing Discussion and Pre-Approval Explanation
3. Develop Buyer Profile – “Wants” vs. “Must Haves”
4. Automated Search
5. Property Tours
6. Offer Preparation, Presentation, Negotiation
7. Contract Ratification
8. Home Inspection, Contingencies, and Loan Approval
9. Pre-Settlement Walk-Through
10. Settlement and Move-in!
The Buyer Resources Page has valuable information as you begin this journey including: Sample DC Sales Contract, Settlement Information, HUD-1 Explanations and much more.